Well, it's here. The end of another year. And what a year 2016 was! This year was eventful for SG Photography, as well as for myself personally! Here's a look at a just a few important things from 2016:
- SG Photography re-launched in June. This was in the making since January of 2016, and 6 months later, SG Photography had a new look, new website, new e-mail, and new business cards! It was a lot of work, but was worth it!
- In June, I finally received an answer to a question I'd had for years; Why am I always tired and in pain? The answer was in the form of a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. While I can't say I loved being diagnosed with an incurable disease that is considered "invisible" as well as chronic, I was very excited to finally have a name for what I was experiencing. This diagnosis also came with some serious consideration of what it would mean for my future. I still don't have a definite answer to that, I have now adjusted to a new way of thinking about my life and my future.
- I also got to participate in a fabulous styled shoot that our local Rising Tide Society chapter put
- In July, my boyfriend and I took a fantastic vacation on our motorcycles to Knoxville Tennessee. It was so awesome to say I rode a motorcycle to Tennessee and back!
- After we got home from our vacation, we were contemplating a move down there! We loved the area, and had heard some great things about jobs and life down south. We were excited, and started to put the move into place. We had our apartment half packed, left our jobs, and planned a weekend trip to hunt for places to live. Sadly, this move did not pan out. So we ended up staying here in Wisconsin.
- A week after we decided not to move, I was offered a long-term substitute job at an elementary school that would last until January! I happily took the position, and have had an amazing class of second graders since September! I have only two short weeks left with these kiddos, and I have loved every day I have gotten to spend with them!
- And in the midst of all this craziness, I have had 3 good friends get engaged this year!!